Substance Testing Services
Since 2011, the Outpatient Addiction Treatment program at First Step has operated Alcohol and Drug Testing Services. We are an industry leader in helping companies establish a Drug-Free Workplace.
Our substance testing services are used in a multitude of settings such as individuals, schools, workplaces, outpatient and aftercare clients. Our experience includes governmental and mandated testing for all required industries.
Complying with South African rules and regulations related to testing requires education and a lot of time and effort. Most companies are not equipped to deal with ever-changing government regulations and legislation affecting the testing industry.
Drug programs operated internally within companies without experience may and are often be charged with discriminative administration, unfair treatment, and wrongful discharge. Companies can take advantage of us as a Third Party Administration (TPA) services provided by First Step.
Some Statistics in favour of drug testing:
- 75% of drug users are employed
- 40% of all users will steal from your organization
- 38% of work-related accidents are drug & alcohol users
- 60% of drug users will sell to other employees
- 3 times more sick days, 8 times more hospital days, 16 times more absences due to employee drug use
- 20% of people killed at work test positive for drugs
- A generation ago only 10% of children age 12 were exposed in one way or another to drugs of abuse. Today, it is approaching 50%. The younger a person is exposed to drugs, the higher the chance to become addicted as adults.
- Drug testing is tax deductible
- Peace of mind is knowing you have a drug-free workplace, community and school!
Steps to making an actively drug-free workplace:
- An up-to-date all-inclusive drug and alcohol plan
- Pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty, and follow-up drug testing
- In-house employee support program and a up-to-date rehab resource Management training on the pointers to drug and alcohol abuse, and a practical suspicion policy.
- Continuing staff education
First Step has built a reputation as a substance recovery expert and educator in the South African Rehabilitation sector. Drug testing saves lives and money while protecting our workplace, communities and schools. Contacting the experts at First Step is a simple decision that can protect your business.